We offer a one-day course that certifies you to receive a Class A, License To Carry (LTC).
Massachusetts State Police License To Carry 001 Course- You MUST sign up previous to the class date to reserve your seat. *Limited Seating*
This is a four-six hour instructor course is $100.00 and you receive a $25.00 gift certificate back towards your first firearm purchase; this course will certify you to apply for your Class A LTC or FID Card, it covers the safe handling and operation of many types of modern firearms. Students are given the opportunity to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary for the safe handling, operation, storage of firearms and ammunition in the home and transportation of firearms outside the home.
Chicopee Residents are required to complete a live fire portion, $140.00 & you receive a $25.00 gift certificate back.
This class does not contain live fire exercises. However, you will handle non-firing ammunition. NO handling or loading of LIVE ammunition will be permitted in the class. (Unless specified i.e. Chicopee residents)
- Rules for Safe Gun Handling
- Identifying and Loading/Unloading Different Firearms
- Practical Exercises in Safe Gun Handling
- Ammunition identification
- Firearms maintenance and cleaning
- Applicable Massachusetts firearms laws for purchase, possession, storage and transportation, etc.
- Proper storage and firearms in the home
- Transportation of firearms
- Firearm selection
- Ammunition selection for self defense
- The licensing process
At the successful completion of the class you’ll be presented with a MASS STATE POLICE CERTIFICATE.
Classes are given monthly on Sundays 9:00am to about 3:00pm at Guns Inc. 738 Main st West Springfield, MA
>>Please arrive at 8:45am; bring a pen, paper, and snacks; breaks will be given!
*Limited Seating Available*