Massachusetts State Police License To Carry 001 Course
You MUST sign up previous to the class date to reserve your seat. Please stop by the store during regular business hours to register.
This is a four-to-six hour course that will certify you to apply for your Class A LTC or FID Card through your local police department. Our certified instructors will cover the safe handling and operation of many types of modern firearms. Students are given the opportunity to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary for the safe handling, operation, and storage of firearms and ammunition in the home, and proper transportation of firearms outside the home.
Our course is $100 per person. Upon completion you will receive your MASS STATE POLICE FIREARMS SAFETY CERTIFICATE as well as a $15.00 GIFT CERTIFICATE towards your first firearm purchase. The class will also include a live fire portion.
Classes are given one Sunday per month at 9:00am to about 3:00pm at Guns Inc. 1050 Main St., West Springfield, MA 01089.
Can’t Make It to a Sunday Class? Prefer One on One Instruction, or a Small Group of Friends and Family?
Call and inquire about our PRIVATE COURSES! 413.731.7666
- Rules for Safe Gun Handling
- Identifying and Loading/Unloading Different Firearms
- Practical Exercises in Safe Gun Handling
- Ammunition identification
- Firearms maintenance and cleaning
- Applicable Massachusetts firearms laws for purchase, possession, storage and transportation, etc.
- Proper storage and firearms in the home
- Transportation of firearms
- Firearm selection
- Ammunition selection for self defense
- The licensing process
>>Please arrive at 8:45am; bring a pen, paper, and snacks; breaks will be given!
*Limited Seating Available*